And, we've reached #20 of this version of my newsletter. That's the number I initially committed to, expecting that I'll be back in my regular road warrior routine by April 2021. —Hahaha, what an idiot!
In some ways, we haven't moved anywhere since April 2020. But I choose to look at the bright side: I spent a ton of time with the Family, learned new ways of collaborating and engaging with people, found out that I can stay at home for more than two weeks at a time, wrote a book, started writing the second one, and —yes— published a total of forty newsletters. Those are some of the things I'm super grateful for, and I have an even longer list on the professional side.
I have zero tolerance for whining, often asking complainers to look at others who aren't nearly as fortunate as we are. If you're reading these lines, the chances are, that you have zero objective reasons to complain. Your life is great. So enjoy it!
And enjoy #20 of BlackBird's Bullets. I'm still on the fence about what to bring with the 21st, so stay tuned. Rename, update, refresh, redesign, anything could happen.
Change means progress. #growthmindset
Title photo: it's been a while since the last sailing in Kornati, Croatia. This photo is from back in 2015. If I remember well, it was too calm for sailing, so we had to cancel the regatta that day, but the photo ops were amazing.
- ⌨ ️Chapter 5: Develop your communication/narrative: another raw draft chapter of my next book. More raw material chunked out, but I'm happy with the trend. I know that I have something good in the works when I start thinking about it during the morning runs or wake up with ideas in the middle of the night. It's happening.
- 😬 We all make mistakes. How about this poor Citibank contractor that fell victim to a poor UX, ticked the wrong box, and mistakenly wired out $900 MILLION? Well, it wouldn't be the States if there wouldn't be some weird law that entitled some lucky winners to get to keep $500 million and change.
(I sure hope that contractor put that in his LinkedIn profile!)
- 🏦 On the other hand, we have poor overloaded Goldman's bankers begging for only 80-hour workweeks. Are you still complaining about WFH?! Being disciplined, they put together a proper corporate slide deck with detailed data analysis.
TL;DR: 98-105 working hours per week, 5 hours of sleep per night, usually dropping to bed at 3 am.
- 🐦 If you happened to find a $500M surprise on your account, you might go and buy the first tweet ever. As a non-fungible token (NFT), Jack Dorsey's first-ever tweet sold for $2,9 million.
- 🇸🇮 Tina Maze's story by Olympics: Never stop trying; Never stop believing.
See you next week.
Stay Hungry; Stay Foolish.
If you haven’t done so yet, consider subscribing to this BBB Newsletter. I share a medley of 5 carefully curated bullet points within a 500-word radius each Wednesday. You’ll get a list of my fresh articles plus a selection of clever stuff across productivity, personal growth/development, leadership, self-care, and other topics for the modern professional.
Like this writing? –Please share it with your friends!