BlackBird's Bullets #5: WFH, Gratitude, US-Soviet affairs, and The Florida Man.
BBB#5: some of my stuff on WFH, gratitude, and how we can finish 2020 on a high note. Weird US-Soviet meeting briefing document from 1985, and THE Florida Man.
Welcome to the fifth edition of my newsletter! If you have teenagers at home, you know that they aren’t interested in anything. I wrestled my daughter’s hands into subscribing to my newsletter (👋 Hi honey!), and now I wonder if she’ll ever read it.
📠 To her generation, email is the same as telefax was to mine. A relic of yore. As they enter the workforce over the next decade, we’ll have to figure out how to adjust business communication for this next generation.
📖 But I loved the fact that she devoured my book in one overnight sitting. #proudfather
This week's five BlackBird's Bullets:
- ⏱ Since publishing my website, I spent more time checking Google Analytics than the stock-trading app. My most-read article was on WFH gear/setup, and I wrote the next one in the WFH Series: Time Management.
- 🙏 Thanksgiving-inspired (and Black Friday-burned) thoughts on practicing gratitude.
- 🎁 Nobody needs another thumb-drive, umbrella, T-shirt, or a coffee cup with your logo. 2020 requires us to finish better than that.
- 🎖 Get a taste of the hilarious 1985 US Foreign Affairs briefing document prepared for meeting with the Soviet Foreign Minister.
- 🐊 Nothing says “Florida” more than a senior citizen rescuing his puppy from alligator’s jaws without dropping a cigar.
I hope you enjoyed this iteration of my newsletter. Keep exploring.
Stay Hungry; Stay Foolish.
- 🦜 if you're on Twitter, let's follow each other
- 👍 like The Elements of Lifestyle Facebook Page
- 🔗 let's connect on LinkedIn
I'd love to hear your feedback via direct messages on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn!