Welcome to the fifth edition of my newsletter! If you have teenagers at home, you know that they aren’t interested in anything. I wrestled my daughter’s hands into subscribing to my newsletter (👋 Hi honey!), and now I wonder if she’ll ever read it.
📠 To her generation, email is the same as telefax was to mine. A relic of yore. As they enter the workforce over the next decade, we’ll have to figure out how to adjust business communication for this next generation.
📖 But I loved the fact that she devoured my book in one overnight sitting. #proudfather
This week's five BlackBird's Bullets:
- ⏱ Since publishing my website, I spent more time checking Google Analytics than the stock-trading app. My most-read article was on WFH gear/setup, and I wrote the next one in the WFH Series: Time Management.
- 🙏 Thanksgiving-inspired (and Black Friday-burned) thoughts on practicing gratitude.
- 🎁 Nobody needs another thumb-drive, umbrella, T-shirt, or a coffee cup with your logo. 2020 requires us to finish better than that.
- 🎖 Get a taste of the hilarious 1985 US Foreign Affairs briefing document prepared for meeting with the Soviet Foreign Minister.
- 🐊 Nothing says “Florida” more than a senior citizen rescuing his puppy from alligator’s jaws without dropping a cigar.
I hope you enjoyed this iteration of my newsletter. Keep exploring.
Stay Hungry; Stay Foolish.
- 🦜 if you're on Twitter, let's follow each other
- 👍 like The Elements of Lifestyle Facebook Page
- 🔗 let's connect on LinkedIn