Five Points #39
#FivePoints newsletter was on a longer break, a hiatus, or a sabbatical if you like. I've been procrastinating on getting this next edition out for some time until enough subscribers started nagging me ... probably the right kick in the butt I needed to get back to it. Thank you, Naggers!
Title photo: Otočec, Slovenia. Slovenia's only island-castle housing a boutique 5* hotel and a nice restaurant. And there's a helipad right on the island, if that's how you roll.
This week's #FivePoints:
- One of the best ways anyone described cryptocurrencies was John Oliver:
Everything you don't understand about money combined with everything you don't understand about computers.
- Another useful article: Crypto for people who don't follow crypto.
Read this and more before everyone starts talking about bitcoin again —then it's a bit too late to buy. Over the last couple of years, I kept a simple
investmentspeculation strategy with crypto: buy during the bad news cycles, sell when your in-laws start talking crypto. Works like a charm. (Disclosure: these days, I'm a buyer and HODLer).
- 🏝 The summer days on the beach are over, but you might wonder why most of these warm places are so effed up. Why are cold countries richer than hot countries?
- ❄ Now let's move to another extreme: What life is like in the coldest city on earth. ️
- ⛓If the above link was about Siberia, you might have associated it with Stalin's Gulags ... and there's a modern version of slavery/punishment. Read How China Spreads Its Propaganda Version of Life for Uyghurs.
Stay Hungry; Stay Foolish.