Title Photo: Seville, Spain. Shot during the golden hour before an early morning run in June 2018.
😤 Where are the book chapters?! I am falling behind the early schedule, and I did add some extra research steps — interviewing (mostly) European managers and leaders to collect real-world inputs. Talking to others is a way of delegating the whole content-production process, and it might take the book in another direction. But I'll let the writing flow freely, take me the way it wants to take me— #CreativeFreedom.
This week's #FivePoints:
- 💼 Great piece on What if remote work didn't mean working from home? I rented a tiny office during last year's pandemic WFH era. It was €200/month, and no, the Company didn't reimburse me for it, nor have I asked for it — I consider this a personal investment for improving my productivity. And not buying new suits, shirts, cravats, or shoes meant I still saved money. And the mental clarity and productivity improvements from having a separate working environment are tremendous. Try it yourself.
- 🤦 And while some people feel they're slacking off if they're not on Zoom calls all day, there is this Italian guy who skipped work for 15 years without anyone noticing and got paid half a million euros.
- 🧰 Speaking of Zoom, here's a list of Wonder Tools to Run Better Meetings.
- 🕶 ProfG on burning money. I like his style and would love to one day sit at his lecture.
- 🪑 None of us office rats want to hear this, but sitting really is the new smoking. Why sitting down destroys you.
Stay Hungry; Stay Foolish.